A Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes Benz has to meet quite a few standards before it can be coined as ‘certified, pre-owned.' To qualify for this, a Mercedes-Benz vehicle must meet the same criteria as a new vehicle, a road test, undercarriage inspection, and more. Mercedes-Benz engines will have all oil and fluid inspections to ensure proper performance, as well as engine, transmission, rear-axle oil, brake, clutch, and level-control fluid.
To begin the inspection, a mileage/history verification is performed and owner's manuals and spare keys are assembled. The 12-point inspection is below:
- Identifiable Structural Damage
- Mileage and History verification
- Vehicle Maintenance Schedule Verification
- Verify all recall and campaigns have been performed
- Current Maintenance and Warranty Booklet
- Current Owners manual
- All spare keys including wheel locks if installed
- OEM Factory Window verification
- Roadside Assistance Program labels
- MBCPO inspection label affixed to B-Pillar
- Perform testing for Diagnostic codes
MAKE SURE YOUR NEW PRE-OWNED IS ACTUALLY CERTIFIED
A Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes will be free from dings, dents, rips, scratches, and scuffs. “The Best or Nothing” from Mercedes is a standard that is followed by new and old models. Certified pre-owned Mercedes cars should function as properly as a new, 2018 model.
Every Certified Pre-Owned by Mercedes-Benz vehicle is sold with a seven-day/500 mile Exchange Privilege. If you sell your Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz to a private party, its new owner can continue the Extended Limited Warranty coverage. If you are not satisfied, return within seven days/500 miles (whichever comes first), and the authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer/or shop, will exchange it with another Certified Pre-Owned vehicle of equal or greater value (if the buyer wishes to pay the difference).
Certified Pre-Owned by Mercedes-Benz have the most comprehensive pre-owned vehicle limited warranties available. Any remaining portion of the Mercedes-Benz four-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty applies to the vehicle. After that, MBCPO Limited Warranty provides comprehensive vehicle insurance for another 12 months or unlimited total accumulated miles.
The Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty will be honored at more than 300 authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealers nationwide, and warranty work will be done using Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts.
As a certified Mercedes Benz dealership alternative, you can expect to receive the same stellar service that you find at the Mercedes dealership at a fraction of the cost.
CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED RULES
- The vehicle must be no more than 6 model years old.
- The vehicle has to be originally sold through MBUSA. (This tells you a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes was manufactured for, and originally sold by, a Mercedes-Benz Dealer in the United States.)
- There must be less than 75,000 miles on the vehicle.
- An extensive inspection inside and out.
- Mandatory 165 point inspection and reconditioning to be performed only by an MBUSA Dealer Certified Technician.
- Zero discrepancies allowed in VMI. (There can not be a single discrepancy in the Vehicle Master Inquiry, the service information directly from Mercedes-Benz.)
- All Dealers participating in the MBCPO Program have agreed to provide an exchange privilege that provides customers, not satisfied with their vehicle, the ability to bring it back within seven calendar days or 500 miles from date of sale, whichever occurs first. Under the Exchange Privilege Program, a customer can exchange their vehicle for another Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned vehicle or new Mercedes-Benz vehicle of equal or greater price.
Lots of manufacturers use the terminology, Certified Pre-Owned, but each has its individual meaning and standards. As a Mercedes-Benz dealership alternative, we have an extensive list of things that need to be checked on for each vehicle that we can ensure your vehicle is actually certified and strict rules regarding the condition of individual items on it.
Contact CK Auto Exclusive today!