Summer driving is a national past-time in the United States. For many American's, Summer wouldn't be the same without a road-trip. Usually this means traveling with luggage and extra weight, while also traversing through harsh, stifling hot pavement, which can be tough on a vehicle when driven for long distances. Ensuring your vehicle is in tip-top shape for your Summer driving and road-trips will help getting from Point-A to Point-B without any vehicle problems.
WHAT SHOULD MY SUMMER VEHICLE CHECK-LIST LOOK LIKE?
Nothing can wreck Summer plans faster than car problems. The fact is, your vacation plans aren't the only potential casualties if you decide to neglect the benefits of summer-proofing your vehicle.
If you're the do-it-yourself type, here are the basics to check on your vehicle before a Summer road-trip.
- Oil level
- Tire pressure
- Air filter
- Brake system
While these are just the basics to check before your big trip, they are also the primary components of a properly running vehicle and the most common to fail.
SCHEDULED SERVICING IS THE BEST PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE!
When life gets busy, car maintenance usually get pushed down the list of your To-Do's. It's a mistake almost everyone makes. Having a Mercerdes-Benz master technician like CK Auto Exclusive service your vehicle per the manufacturer's scheduled intervals, is the best form preparation for your Summer driving. In your anticipation to get on the road take the time to ensure your car is in tip-top shape. We can tell you from experience, replacing a coolant hose or topping off the engine oil is much less expensive and time-consuming that replacing an entire engine. In the long run, keeping up on your vehicle's maintenance keeps it running far longer than a minimally maintained one.
WHAT'S ON CK AUTO'S SUMMER CHECKLIST?
Having a Master-Trained Mercedes-Benz Technician service your vehicle is the best option when maintaining your vehicle. CK Auto knows how to prepare your vehicle for summer driving – here are the things we check and maintain.
- Air Conditioner
- If you're A/C isn't blowing cold air like it used to – it's ready for servicing. You're A/C is a vital component when traveling in 90 degree plus weather. Don't get caught without it in the heat.
- We check your radiator, overflow tank, hoses and test your coolant for the proper water/coolant mix to ensure it's optimized for summer weather.
- Engine Fluids
- We check your brake fluid, transmission fluid, and engine oil to ensure your vehicle's engine and mechanical systems are lubricated and working properly.
- Heat are your brakes worst enemy. We inspect each brake pad, rotor and caliper for any noticeable indicators or wear and need for replacement. If you're experiencing noticeable brake-fade, increased stopping distance, or excessive pulsating when stopping. Tell us! We have a solution.
- When you least expect it, your car battery can fail. We test for what you can see or tell will happen. We test and check power levels and ensure it has enough life remaining to ensure you don't get caught “dead” in the Summer heat.
- Windshield wipers and fluid
- Bugs, random Summer rain showers, and anything else nature decides to throw at you will hit your windshield first. Having wiper blades that don't streak or bounce across your windshield is important. We check for this and ensure you have enough wiper fluid to ensure those bugs can be cleaned off easily.
WHY GET YOUR CAR SUMMER CAR SERVICE DONE AT CK AUTO?
For all your car, truck, and SUV service needs, CK Auto Exclusive is your Master-Trained Mercedes-Benz Repair Shop in the Santa Rosa area. Our expertly trained, Mercedes-Benz certified mechanics ensure your vehicle is in tip-top shape for Summer. When making your preparations for the Summer driving, be sure to schedule an assessment of your car and allow our Mercedes-Benz experts provide you with the best service in the area!
The choice is clear, CK Auto Exclusive is the better option when considering your next Mercedes-Benz maintenance or repair shop.
Give us a call to schedule your next appointment!