Sprinter Vans are quickly becoming coveted ‘adventuremobiles' and it's no surprise. Mercedes Sprinter Vans are spacious, well-made and are one of the most reliable vans on the market today. Whether you're in the market to purchase a Sprinter or you're about to go on your first solo journey, here are a few tips and tricks to keep you safe on the road, and of course, to keep your Sprinter running the way it should with no major issues.
If you're keeping up on the Sprinter Van maintenance schedule, you will still inevitably run in to things you might have to repair. Before purchasing a Sprinter or going a long trip, get a proper inspection from a qualified mechanic, like CK Auto Exclusive. We can identify costly repairs before you buy or drive across the country.
- CK Auto Exclusive uses the most advanced technologies for Mercedes Sprinter Vans and will use a full-featured OBDII scanner to read all DTC fault codes that may be showing. As this isn't the see-all, end-all of mechanical problems, these codes are good indicators of what to check when we are under the hood.
- “Black Death.” We know it sounds ominous, and it kind of is. This is actually one of the more serious issues we've seen with Sprinter Vans. If you notice any sort of injector leakage (do this by removing the 5mm Allen bolts that are securing the plastic valve cover of the fuel injector) and take note if there is black film or leakage.
- Wiring Harness. Is your Sprinter randomly losing power? Having unexplainable electrical issues? The insulations on any one of three bundles of wiring that cross the bracket next to the fuel filter could be rubbing and causing these.
- “Rumble Strip” noise. This is a common issue among Sprinter Van drivers, don't panic! First, check your Sprinter's year, make and model. This could be something as simple as just changing the transmission fluid. But, again, the experts at CK Auto will be able to help you identify if it is an larger issue, and can help you rebuild the transmission if needed.
- Heater fan or A/C issues. If your A/C isn't blowing cold air their may be a hole somewhere in your condenser, or, if your heather fan only operates at the highest capacity, you may be looking at a simple heat resister fix.
Make sure to always check your fluids before embarking on any sort of long ride! Transmission fluid, oil, windshield wiper fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, and breaks. We can't stress this enough, especially when operating a Mercedes Sprinter. Small shortcuts can lead to costly repairs and we want to help you avoid that at all costs.
Bring your Mercedes Sprinter Van to CK Auto Exclusive today. We offer free estimates on diagnoses and we're happy to lend you a helping hand when deciphering issues. Paul Duckworth and his team of expert mechanics have been working on Mercedes-Benz cars for more than 30 years. We've seen it all! Call us today and let us help you get that road trip on its way.