Our recent surge of great weather might just have you dreaming of summer. The sun is shining, shorts and a short-sleeved shirt is the daily attire and you can comfortably spend your day in the outdoors. What's not to love? Though its only February, Mercedes-Benz is gearing up to make your summer adventures more convenient and spontaneous. They introduced their first pop up camper for the U.S. market this month and it will surely have you thinking about your next travel destination.
MERCEDES CAMPER VAN
The five seating Mercedes-Benz Weekender is a practical pop up camper and daily driver that can sleep up to four people. Mercedes utilized the Metris to create a vehicle that incorporates a growing demand of features for both young and old travelers and adventurers. The Mercedes-Benz Metris is the platform for the Weekender for its safety features, good fuel economy and a tow rating of 5,000 pounds. To further express the Weekender's target market, the first 100 customers get a free National Parks Pass. According to Mercedes-Benz Media Newsroom USA, the Weekender comes with the following features:
- An elevating roof with a sleeping area for two. Including an integrated spring system, two-inch memory foam mattress, 3 windows and added USB ports for lights, charging and more.
- A multipurpose rear bench that opens into a bed for two. Additionally, when folded into the seat configuration, the seat moves along a rail position into four locations, allowing additional room for varying cargo needs.
- Swiveling front seats that rotate 180 degrees allow your van to quickly turn into the perfect multipurpose lounge.
- Standard on every Weekender package is a second battery to power your devices, light up your nights or suit any of your other campsite needs.
Optional features include:
- Off-Grid Power and Integrated Solar Panels
- Upgraded audio and navigation features
- Various personalization options with world class 3M auto body wrap materials. The Weekender can be wrapped in any one of 200 available colors.
- Camping upgrades:
- Eight-inch awning for shade and rain protection
- Mosquito/bug screens for rear hatch, and sliding doors
- A tent that quickly attaches to the rear lift gate for added space and privacy
- Roof racks
- A pullout rear kitchen
BAY AREA CAMPING WITH YOUR MERCEDES
Here in the Bay Area, we are fortunate enough to have several campsites suitable for your new Mercedes camper van. Whether you prefer exploring quite destinations among the redwoods or sleeping to the sound of waves crashing at the coast, there is much to explore close to home. Some popular Bay Area destinations you can drive your camper van up to for an overnight stay include:
- Samuel P. Taylor State Park, Lagunitas
- Anthony Chabot Regional Park, Castro Valley
- Joseph D. Grant County Park, San Jose
- Francis Beach, Half Moon Bay
- Doran Regional Park, Bodega Bay
- Lawson's Landing, Tomales Bay
MERCEDES-BENZ BAY AREA SPECIALIST
Before you hit the trails with your new camper van, it is important to ensure your Mercedes is maintained and serviced. CK Auto Exclusive is a family owned and operated, independent Mercedes-Benz service, repair and maintenance facility. We specialize in service and repair of newer model Mercedes-Benz cars, trucks and vans. We have been located in Santa Rosa since 1977 and are passionate about helping our customers with their repairs, maintenance and service. Bringing your new Mercedes Weekender will not void any manufacturer warranty and you will quickly learn why Bay Area Mercedes' owners bring their vehicles to us over the dealerships. We never sell work that is not needed, and our experience and equipment often exceed that of a Mercedes-Benz dealership. The last thing you want on your spontaneous adventure is car troubles, especially when cellular service is limited. Come by CK Auto Exclusive at 1241 Petaluma Hill Road in Santa Rosa or give us a call at (707) 526-3204 for an appointment before you head out so we can make your trip worry free.