The world is quickly changing, especially in the transportation sector. Car manufacturers, consumers, regulators, and Mercedes Benz mechanics all are preparing for the introduction of more and more electric vehicles. CK Auto Exclusive, Santa Rosa's trusted Benz mechanic shop since 1977, loves everything about Mercedes-Benz and as such, we wanted to help spread the word about the new electric vehicle product and technology brand by Mercedes: EQ.
THE BUZZ BEHIND THE EQC
The EQC is the first vehicle announced under the product and technology brand EQ. It world premiered in Stockholm on September 4th. It will go on sale in the U.S. in 2020. EQ is the abbreviation for the brand's exploration of a new ideology: “Electric Intelligence”. The brand hopes to emphasize the “emotion” and “intelligence” inherent in the vehicle line. The EQC adds another vehicle model to the all-electric cars made by Mercedes-Benz.
TELL US ABOUT THE FEATURES
The EQC isn't just another high-fuel efficiency vehicle for eco-enthusiasts. This line of vehicle checks all the boxes that make Mercedes specialists happy to work with the brand. The line emphasizes comfort, quality and operating range. Below are some of the many features we at CK Auto are excited to learn more about.
- 279-mile travel range using a battery-electric drive system (according to NEDC)
- Dual motor electric drivetrain per axle
- Combined output of 402 horsepower
- Various driving modes
- ECO Assisted battery recuperation
- Driving Assistance Systems including Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC and Active Steering Assist
- Rigorous battery and electrical current tests
- MBUX Multimedia System
- Battery produced by the Daimler subsidiary Deutsche Accumotive
- Top Speed: 112 mph
- 0 – 60 mph in 4.9 seconds
- Lithium-ion Battery
- 80 kWh Battery Capacity
- Water-cooled onboard charger
CK Auto Exclusive prides itself on staying up to date with all new technologies pioneered by Mercedes-Benz. We're a Mercedes repair shop that works to stay on the cutting edge, so your transition from gasoline or diesel to electric needn't be a hassle.